WHATEVER YOUR TASTES Download all genres: romance, thrillers, fantasy, humor, money, business, finance, health, beauty, religion, hobbies, travel, jobs, astrology, mind, entertainment, computers, internet and much more!
Terms and Conditions for free ebooks
These terms and conditions are for readers and writers and may be updated at any time. They are simple and straightforward. We can't prevent people breaking them, but we can terminate membership. 'We' means obooko, 'You' means ... You. By checking the agreement box on the registration form you are confirming that you have read, understand and agree with the following:
1. Content With the exception of ebooks published by obooko, we do not accept responsibility for the content of ebooks hosted on this site. Content is the sole responsibility of the named author. However, we prohibit work that is written with the intention to encourage, promote, condone or incite racial, sexual, cultural or religious intolerance or hatred; physical, mental or sexual abuse; criminal activity or acts of terrorism. This condition does not apply to work that employs or explores these issues in a fictional context.
Because we do not judge or control creative content, all works, other than those appearing in teen specific categories, must therefore be considered suitable only for mature readers. We recommend a minimum age of 16. Children under 13 years of age must not download material from this site. To allow access to our Teen category we have set a minimum age of 13 for membership, with a recommendation that people aged 13-16 discuss registration with a parent or guardian prior to joining obooko. We advise parents and guardians to assume their responsibility of supervising access to websites. If you are a mature reader but easily offended by profanities and descriptions or expressions of an adult nature, please do not download material from this site.
2.Copyright and Licences As a member, you agree to uphold the moral, legal and intellectual property rights of the author as copyright owner. A work in digital (ebook) form is for your personal use and must not be duplicated (unless an author has given permission to print copies of their work by print enabling the file,) plagiarised, re-distributed or sold. Equally, the scope of all Creative Commons licences must be complied with and the author's retained rights respected. You hereby confirm you are aware that unauthorised use of an author's work may result in legal action being taken against you.
3. Submitting books All e-books must be original works submitted by the author or the author's legal publisher: members must not 'post' the work of others. By submitting work to obooko for publication you give us permission to distribute digital copies free on your behalf via the obooko.com website. The content of ebooks submitted must be original, written in English and formatted in text that is readable and scaleable on computers and handheld e-reader devices: ideally black text on a white background. Dimensions should be in portrait format. Fiction and non-fiction books must be predominantly textual, containing a preferred minimum of 15,000 words: where images are prolific and dominate the work we reserve the right to decline your submission. Ebooks containing watermarks or other restrictive devices will not be accepted. Ebooks and stories must be complete: excerpts, samplers and chapter-limited works are excluded unless they appear at the end of a complete work. Ebooks containing links to the author's personal website or blog are permitted. A link to a retail site stocking printed versions of an author's work is also acceptable. E-books deemed to be written purely as sales instruments, including marketing brochures and catalogues, will be rejected. Financial reports are also excluded from publication. A link to your own commercial website is allowed if it is directly related the content of your book. Links to other (not operated by you) commercial websites are permitted if they are necessary for reference purposes: the content of the destination website must be relevant to the text in which the link appears. Books containing direct or indirect advertising or affiliate links will not be accepted for inclusion. PLR books and those containing display advertisements (unless they are descriptive advertorial features that are related and deemed complementary to content) will also be rejected.
By completing a Submission Form you agree to keep your ebook on obooko for a minimum period of 30 days if you provide correctly formatted files, 90 days if we have to re-format or create PDF, EPUB or KINDLE files for you. You may request to have your work removed at any time after the applicable minimum period by giving us 72 hours notice via the contact form.
If a manuscript is deemed to be unreadable due to substandard grammar, unintelligible content or bad formatting, it will be politely rejected and appropriate advice given.
As an author, you declare that the work is your own and that publishing permission has been granted by any contributing writers, photographers, models or artists. Further, that relevant credits have been included and royalties have been paid. In addition to the rights of the copyright owner, all print and electronic rights belonging to commercial publishers must be honoured and upheld. By agreeing to allow home printing on the Submission form and/or enabling printing of your PDF file, you give written permission for obooko members to print copies for their personal use.
We reserve the right to alter file-names and non-creative content including the deletion of or changing of web URLs and links within supplied files.
Authors may list a maximum of 10% of the total number of works listed in any single fiction category.
4. Authors' rights We confirm that your work will never be made available for sale and that your rights are always retained in full; none of your rights are transferred to us. We believe you should always have control over distribution of your work, so you may come and go as you please; all we ask is that you make your ebook available to members for a minimum period of 60 days. You may withdraw your work from obooko at any time, subject to the minimum publishing period, by sending an email request via the Writers Issue option on the Contact form. To increase awareness of your work, we may make your book available in our promotional and marketing material. We may also make your book available for download via an application (app) for use on mobile handsets; this may be our own app or that of an approved partner. In these instances your work will always contain your Copyright notice, a link to obooko and the obooko logo to verify your work has been made available for wireless download from a legal source. We will never post your ebook files on other websites although you should be aware that rogue websites exist that 'scrape' (copy) content and operate illegally. We have no control over these sites and, although we always attempt to redress situations of digital piracy on your behalf, ultimately the responsibility for legally pursuing cases of intellectual property theft rests with you the author as Copyright owner. However, as part of this agreement, you permit us to act on your behalf to defend your rights and advise you regarding any Copyright infringement problems you may experience.
5. Malicious damage and abuse Although all files submitted to obooko are scanned for known viruses, we cannot guarantee their purity. It is therefore your responsibility to check files downloaded to your computer using your own anti-virus software. We do not accept responsibility for any loss, monetary or otherwise, incurred by malicious software contained within a file or contracted from any destination link from that file. Please contact us if you experience any occurrence of this nature. All reported cases of abusive behaviour toward fellow members or malicious abuse of our website systems will result in instant termination of membership.
6. Investigations We reserve the right to delete a book from our site at any time to investigate a claim of breach of any of these conditions. We do not accept responsibility for any loss, monetary or otherwise, incurred by the author and/or publisher or any other person or organisation during these investigations.
7. Communication You agree to obooko sending you occasional email messages and newsletters related to your membership. Messages may include the promotion of books, products and services. Your personal details will not be shared with any person or organisation outside obooko.
8. Advertising Products or services advertised or referred to on obooko are neither recommended nor endorsed unless stated. We do not have control over websites, products or services offered by advertisers. We do not accept responsibility for any loss, monetary or otherwise, incurred through transactions and contracts you make with such advertisers.
9. Membership Registration provides you with membership of the obooko online community only, no other rights are granted or bestowed. We reserve the right to cancel a membership at any time if the above terms and conditions are not complied with.