The Quran (Qur'an, Koran), literally meaning "the recitation", is the central religious text of Islam, which Muslims consider the verbatim word of God. The text consists of 114 chapters of varying lengths, each known as a Sura. This translation into English is by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.
SURA 1. Fatiha, or the Opening Chapter
1. In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
2. Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
3. Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
4. Master of the Day of Judgment.
5. Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
6. Show us the straight way,
7. The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose [portion] is not wrath, and who go not astray.
SURA 2. Baqara, or the Heifer
1. A. L. M.
2. This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah;
3. Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;
4. And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and [in their hearts] have the assurance of the Hereafter.
5. They are on [true] guidance, from their Lord, and it is these who will prosper.
6. As to those who reject Faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe.
7. Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they [incur].
8. Of the people there are some who say: "We believe in Allah and the Last Day;" but they do not [really] believe.
9. Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realise [it] not!
10. In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they [incur], because they are false [to themselves].