In this category you will find a wealth of free romance novels in a wide range of romantic fiction genres. The majority of free romance ebooks in this section are written specifically for women. Each story you see in this category is free of charge and avilable in pdf, epub and kindle formats for your reading pleasure: from chicklit to bodice-rippers and racy mysteries through to romantic fantasy, steamy stories, paranormal-romance books and historical-romance novels. All written by authors who are masters of the genre. Why pay when you can download great books for free?
Read the best romance novels and free romance books online, available in pdf, epub and kindle formats. This is probably the most popular fiction genre, which currently makes up over 50% of all printed and digital English-language books sold worldwide. Here on obooko, we offer a wide range for you to read free romance books online in a variety of sub-genres, including paranormal romance, historical romance, fantasy and contemporary chicklit, all in three, easy to download ebook formats for your reading pleasure.
Romance novels focus on the love between between people and the stories can take place on a wide variety of backdrops. There are a number of sub categories that give some ideas of how diverse the romance genre can be. The main target market of romance literature is women but you'll be surprised at how many men enjoy a good romance too!
Our romantic stories are written by independent authors who excel at their craft and want you to enjoy their work free of charge in return for a star rating and some feedback. So, if you are looking for romance books at any time of the day or night you know where to come! Unlike high-street bookstores, we are open 24 hours each day, every day!
Love and Romance can be both psychological and physical: the whole process is essential in order to attract and build a unique relationship with a member of the opposite or same sex. As with many of the love stories in this category, it’s obvious that without romance we would not be here; after all, love is what makes the world go round! So it's good therapy to get stuck into free romance books about relationships whenever you can. These are the keys to our existence and ensure the longevity of our race via procreation. Beginning in adolescence, the feelings and emotions of romance and love start to manifest via mutual attraction. Start downloading the Best Romance Novels online, right here at obooko!
One of the most misunderstood aspects of love and the romance novel in particular is their connection with the institution of marriage; that these feelings and emotions should be irrevocably linked to a permanent and long-lasting relationship. But they should not be linked in this way: marriage and romance are entirely separate in many ways. Romantic gestures and love express emotional feelings, while marriage is purely an established contractual existence. As you will see from reading the romantic stories and free online romance books in the extensive obooko online library, marriage is in no way a guarantee of everlasting romance!
Is love blind? While it is commendable to accept and love your partner exactly as they are, to believe that love truly is blind may be put down to myth rather than fact. As with many of the characters in the free-romance-novels and stories you read here on obooko, your partner may have a few objectionable tendencies, which may lead to the cooling and eventual termination of a romance.
Learn to write love letters like a King! Read the famous love letters that gave rise to the tumultuous love affair that changed England forever. These letters from King Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn were found in the Vatican Library; who stole them and how they came to Rome is a mystery that has puzzled historians for years. We have located the original transcriptions and published the letters in this historically romantic book, Pretty Dukkys: The Love letters of Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn, which we hope you will enjoy. It is one of the many romantic books we have available on obooko for download.
Here are some interesting facts about love and romance:
Apparently men who kiss their partners goodbye in the morning as they leave for work average higher salaries than those who don't. Men who enjoy ritual affection like this tend to be more stable, industrious and methodical in their work, which leads them to achieve higher earnings. Studies show that these guys also live 5 years longer than non kissers. Download and read free romance books online.
en love chocolate too! Apparently, the Mexican chief Montezuma considered chocolate to be a very potent 'love drug' and drank a staggering 50 cups of liquid chocolate a day before visiting his harem of, wait for it, 600 women! Make sure you give your man plenty of cocoa tonight. And get your self a tasty book from our free romance books online!
The zero score 'Love' in tennis dates back to the late 18th century and means 'playing for love' or playing for nothing. Other suggestions claim the use of 'love' as a score derives from its similarity to the French word for egg 'L'oeuf.' Well, a zero is sort of egg-shaped. There is nothing like a good romance novel from obooko if you don't like sport!
In a lot of romance books you will have heard of marriage being described as ‘Tying The Knot,’ but what does it actually mean? Apparently the knot is established in many cultures around the world as a way to signify eternal love that is without a beginning or an end. Make sure your knot is tied well and doesn't come undone!
In novels, especially historical romance novels, you will ofen find reference to finding a four-leaf clover, which is believed to bring good luck. It is also part of an ancient love ritual in some parts of Ireland: if a woman thinks about a man while eating a four-leaf clover, he will be sure to fall hopelessly in love with her. We think her green teeth might put him off though.
You will often find scary action in our paranormal romance books but did you know that studies have shown that if a man meets a woman in a scary or dangerous environment such as on a shaky bridge, he is more likely to fall in love with her than if he met her in a regular setting like a shop or office. This goes for women meeting men too. Now where did I see that bridge?
Romance novels may usually refer to engagement and wedding rings being worn on the fourth finger of the left hand. Why? Apparently, someone in ancient times claimed this finger contains the Vena Amoris, or the 'vein of love,' and that it runs straight to the heart. It's nonsense though because all fingers contain similar veins.
Did you know that Antidepressant drugs are likely to have an adverse effect on romantic love? This is because antidepressants increase serotonin levels. High serotonin levels can suppress emotions and restrict obsessive thoughts about the lover.
When men fall in love there is more activity in the part of the brain that handles visual stimulation. Women in love however show greater activity in the area that controls memory. Experts suggest that men form an opinion about a woman visually to determine if she can bear babies. Women record aspects of man’s behaviour in order to determine if he would be an adequate provider. All this factual stuff puts a damper on reading romantic stories though!
And, some misconceptions:
Whether you’ve been in a relationship for 25 years or are just starting out, we all have our idea of what romance is. Romance is an essential element of every thriving and passionate relationship. Usually relationships start with romance but life has a tendency to interfere with the amount of romance in our lives. I have listed below what I believe to be the 10 biggest misconceptions that people have about Romance:
1. Romance and Sex are the Same Thing: This could not be any further from the truth. Although romance can lead to sex, a person being romantic just for sex will be completely transparent and usually end up completely different than you imagined. Think of Romance as ‘Mental Foreplay’. Romance let’s your loved one know that not only did you just think about them but you made it something they will remember for a very long time.
2. Romance isn’t important in a relationship: Between our jobs, hobbies, and all the other things that life throws at us, our relationship with our partner tends to take a back seat to those things we perceive as more important in life. The reality is that the relationship with our partner is the glue that holds everything else in our life together. Adding Romance to your relationship will not only make it more exciting but also more enjoyable.
3. Being Romantic requires a lot of money: Romance isn’t about how much money you spend on your partner. It’s about trying to make some of their fantasies and dreams come true. Most of the time just opening the door for your partner or complementing them on the way they look will make them feel more loved than buying them an expensive gift.
4. Romance requires a great deal of time and effort: While some aspects of romance can require lots of time, romance is also about the little things that make a big difference in a relationship. A simple thing like leaving a note telling them how much you love and appreciate them on your partner’s pillow to find before bed radiates Romance and takes very little time and effort.
5. Only Women are Romantic: In most relationships, the woman is considered to be more romantic, however this does not have to be the case. Both men and women need to partake in the hunt for romance. The only difference between a romantic person and the unromantic person is the amount of time they devote to doing the little things for their partner and their relationship.
6. Flowers and candy always work: Although flowers and candy are a nice gesture, they are so commonplace. You can still give your partner flowers and candy but spice it up some. Try taking your partner to the place where you first met or kissed and present the flowers and candy to them there. Going that extra step and not stopping at ordinary makes all of the difference when it comes to Romance.
7. You’re either born a romantic or you’re not: The truth is, no one is born with a Romance Gene. Everyone can learn how to become more romantic either from a book, the way your friends or family treat each other, or some other resource. Romance is contagious, as time goes on you want to be more and more romantic towards your partner.
8. Saying ‘I Love You’ is enough: Everyone likes to hear ‘I Love You’ but when it comes to Romance, actions can say more than a thousand words ever will. Being truly romantic is about backing up the words with something your partner will remember. Try writing ‘I Love You’ on the top of the stick of butter with a toothpick before setting it on the table for dinner or
9. Romance takes a lot of preparation: The nice thing about Romance is that there is no exact formula – what one person finds extremely romantic may not be romantic at all to someone else. The key to being Romantic is find out what your partner finds Romantic. Don’t be afraid to ask themFeature Articles, your partner will be glad you did.
10. Being Romantic on Valentine's Day and Sweetest Day is enough: Being romantic on the days you are supposed to be is expected. Being romantic all year round on the other hand is vital to the overall health of you relationship. Every successful relationship needs impulsiveness and spontaneity – it keeps things exciting.
We hope you enjoy reading the Best Romance Novels and fabulous Free Romance books, e-books and stories during your visits to the obooko library.